Delivery & Returns
Please note we do not deliver on Bank Holidays.
This policy refers to UK mainland deliveries only. We can deliver off shore but it is often by different methods and possibly subject to a surcharge - please contact us for assistance.
Delivery may attract additional shipping charges for large items to certain countries or geographical locations within the UK. Any additional charges will be charged at cost price plus VAT. If your delivery will attract any additional charges we will get in touch to discuss this with you before processing your order. If you are not happy with any additional charges that your order may incur we can cancel your order and refund you in full.
- Once your order has been placed our delivery company will contact to arrange a suitable date for your delivery. This applies to most orders that are delivered by our two man delivery team. For all other orders that are sent out by courier, you will be emailed or texted a tracking reference the day of delivery. Orders dispatched by courier generally include items under 30kg such as bedsides, blanket boxes, lamp tables, coffee tables, nest of tables, console tables, TV units, Hi-Fi cabinets, dining chairs and smaller bookcases. Items dispatched by our two man team (including free room of choice, packaging removal and recycling) generally include dining tables, larger sideboards, display cabinets, larger chests, wardrobes, bed frames and larger bookcases.
- All our deliveries will be made within approximately 14 days (in stock orders only). Those orders that are dispatched by courier will be delivered within 48hrs.
- Once confirmed, any changes to your agreed order delivery date and time slot must be made by you 48 hours before the date. This is due to our delivery routes and plans being made 48 hours before the chosen date.
- If you fail to notify us within the 48 hour window (two working days only) of any change you will be liable for a cancellation and or re-delivery charge, where applicable.
- Our delivery company will offer you a 3 hour fixed time slot which is not changeable, if you accept the date for delivery you have to accept the time slot given. Times are between 7am and 9pm, Monday to Friday. Saturday deliveries are available at an extra charge and are subject to postcode.
- 24 hours before your delivery date, you will be contacted by our delivery team and given a 3 hour delivery time slot. These time slots are fixed but are subject to traffic and weather conditions. Failure to accept the given time-slot may result in additional charges being applied.
- Inspection – Please check your purchase thoroughly on arrival as any goods needing to be returned must be in their original packaging. If you choose to leave your item packaged to be opened at a later date be aware that any damage reported after that may affect your replacement options.
- Assembly – item specific, charges vary. Please call for price.
- Any cancellation or refund of orders where these additional options have been chosen will not be refunded.
- Our pricing and delivery system covers the UK mainland only for non-mainland deliveries there will be a surcharge. Please call our customer service team for a quote for overseas delivery.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES:
We know that you will be very happy with your products purchased from Direct Home Living. However, there may be the very rare occasion when you will need to return items to us. There is no need to worry if you have changed your mind with your purchase. You can return an item up to 14 days from the day of delivery by sending the notice of cancellation via email to email@example.com. Please include the following information so that we can process your return. Quote your name, address and your order reference number. Please note you are responsible for any and all delivery costs for the return or cancellation of goods.
Single Parcel Returns Charges
In the unlikely event you would wish to return your product all packaging must be in exact state it was delivered in ready for carriage, the following charges will be deducted from the refund. In addition if you are unavailable for a pre-agreed collection arranged by us, a carriage charge will be applicable. The carriage for cancellations and returns for mainland UK are as follows:
Small Items: Boxes between 1-29kgs - £30 per box collection charge
Medium Items: Boxes between 30-50kgs - £65 per box collection charge
Large Items: 50.1kgs-120kg at £90
Extra Large Items: 120.1kgs and above at £150
Sofas will have a fixed charge of £100
Please note, if there are multiple items relating to a return (e.g. 1 Table and 4 chairs) we will then need to provide you a specific quote as the there may be multiple parcels which will exceed the single parcel charge as stated above. For these instances, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we are able to provide you with a quote.
Non-mainland carriage fees will vary on your location.
Please be aware that unwanted items must not have been used and must be received back in pristine condition so they can be resold. This means that you would be unable to return an item that you have assembled.
Refunds are issued within 30 days of receipt of goods and ONLY after we have inspected them for damage.
If any of your item(s) returned look like they’ve been used or damaged, the item will only sell at a reduced value, in which case you will charged for that loss.
We reserve the right to withhold all or part of your refund if items are returned damaged, all goods returned must be in a perfect and saleable condition with the original packaging intact where applicable. Please ensure the item is really well wrapped with sturdy and impact absorbing material.
FAULTY OR DAMAGED ITEMS:
Any products that you have received with a defect or are received in error from Direct Home Living, we will be happy to replace or exchange. Please inform us of any damage within 5 days from date of delivery by email to email@example.com ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number.
All returned goods must be in a full un-used condition.(Excluding the notified fault(s)).
All refunds will be processed within 30 working days of return.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
Direct Home Living